We all need professional plumbers to come over from time to time. Our homes experience common problems such as leaking faucets, clogged drains, faulty garbage disposals and other issues.
Plumbers are adept at resolving these issues as well as recommending long lasting solutions. They are trained, experienced and licensed to carry out all plumbing jobs on residential or commercial buildings.
What do plumbers do?
A professional plumber is experienced at the installation of piping systems in a home. In a new home, they follow the plans and cut and install piping according to the design. All the while ensuring that the water systems are connected to the water mains and according to code.
Additionally plumbers repair plumbing fixture breakdowns in the home. Fixing your clogged drains, broken toilets, clogged showerheads, broken pipes and water filters. These pros are comfortable working in all these areas and fixing these problems.
Finding a good professional plumber
- Most states have strict requirements on how to become a master plumber. Attaining the necessary training and then adding years of experience to this in order to qualify. When selecting a plumber consider the following features:
- Are they certified and licensed? Most states offer licensing at the state level, have a way to verify credentials. Check whether your professional plumber is licensed or a member of a state association.
- The next thing is to find out how long they have been a plumber. The longer they have been in the trade, the better it is for you as you’ll benefit from their experience.
- Do they have verifiable references? Call up their references and find out how well the plumber solved their issues. Your experience is likely to be similar.
- Also find out about their warranties, especially when doing an expensive installation such as a water heating system. Are they available to carry out regular maintenance and repairs? At what point will they start charging you for this service?