Pool Service Companies
Homes with swimming pools are pricier and more attractive than those without. When your kids are enjoying a dip or your guests, they hardly know what goes into maintaining the pool. Let’s face it, you probably don’t know as well especially if you just go your home. This is where pool service companies come into the picture.
Regular tasks like maintaining water levels, checking the pH of the water, emptying the lint pot and the skimmer basket are all quite easy tasks. However cleaning the scum, stains, repairing motors and repairing leaks may be more than you’re willing to handle. These companies have experts trained in all the maintenance and repair tasks of a pool.
What do pool service companies do?
- They check the chemical levels of your pool. Sometimes the chlorine levels are too low. This can lead to the growth of algae and bacteria. You’ll know that you have algae by the water turning green and bacteria by your water becoming cloudy. Pool maintenance technicians check the level of chlorine in your pool and adjust it to safe levels.
- Next the pool service technician skims the pool for debris that may be on the surface of the water. Debris accumulates faster during windy days, when there’s a lot of pollen in the air and when trees are shedding leaves or flowers. Heavy usage of the pool also adds to this.
- The technician then vacuums the pool and brushes the sides to remove any algae formation. This is a task best left to experts as they’ll cover all areas of the pool –the walls and the floors.
- Afterwards, they’ll clean the filters, skimmer baskets and lint and hair pots.
All these are part of the regular service schedules of the pool service companies. They perform these on a weekly or bi-weekly basis depending on your arrangement.
Hiring a company that’ll be a good fit
- If you’re in an area where your neighbors have pools, ask them to recommend a good pool service company. They’re in a good position to advice you as they have dealt with these companies for a longer period.
- When you find a company online, look at their reviews. As you’ll be interacting with them on a frequent basis, you definitely want those with excellent reviews.
- Check that they are licensed to operate within your state. Licensed companies are more likely to have trained professionals working for them.
- Find a reliable company that does its service rounds whether you’re there or not. They should leave a card indicating the time they called, the service they performed and the time they left. This ensures that they don’t skip a visit and still bill you.
- Also look for a company which is able to perform repairs when they’re needed. Professional pool service technicians are able to carry out repairs to your pool when needed.
Pool service companies are a necessity for anyone who owns a pool. Identifying one early enough gets the pool maintenance tasks completely off your mind. Use this site, and these tips above to find a good one so that you enjoy your pool for a long time to come.