Insulation companies install materials that help to insulate a building. They also replace damaged or old insulation materials.
Properly installed insulation prevents air from escaping from your home. You’ll need insulation for crawl spaces, attics, inside walls and sometimes on pipes and cables.
Insulation professionals read building plans and prepare insulation materials for the residence. This involves taking measurements and preparing the material by cutting it to size. Then they install it. Properly installed insulation results in reduced annual energy costs.
Problems solved by insulation companies
Some of the problems that cause homeowners to hire insulation companies include:
- Pipes that freeze during the cold season
- Formation of ice dams which if unchecked damage the eaves, gutters and downspouts
- Having rooms that get unpleasantly hot or cold as the seasons change
- Experiencing wafts of cold air coming in resulting in higher heating costs
All these are resolved by insulation professionals who’ll identify the problem and fix it.
How to identify a good insulation company
- Professionals are knowledgeable about wide ranging insulation materials. Materials used in insulation include spray foam, foam board, reflective or radiant, blown-in and blanket and roll insulation. There are other options but these are the major ones. Make sure your insulation company has experience in the insulation of your choice.
- Look at the reviews given by their previous customers. Are they good? What were the customer experiences when a challenge was experienced? What was their turnaround time? Then choose the company that met their clients needs the best.
- Find out whether the insulation company offers warranties. If it is available, check whether the period of the warranty is acceptable to you.
- If you’re trying to solve a problem in an existing home, have a professional sent over to assess the situation. Then explain your problem whether it’s an overly hot room or cold drafts that you’re experiencing. They’ll then give you the options available. Do this with several companies.
- Finally find something that’ll fit your budget.
By hiring the right insulation company you’ll have a much more enjoyable home experience. You’ll also have lower energy costs as energy loss is minimized or eliminated.