Changing or installing a floor is a major expense for a homeowner to undertake. Flooring companies charges range from $3 to $18 per square foot. Thus the larger your home is, the more you’ll expect to spend.
Therefore choosing the right company to do this for you is a major decision.
What flooring companies do
This really depends on the size of the company and its location. Companies located within cities specialize in particular kinds of flooring. They may offer specific flooring options or carry specific brands which they specialize in.
In more rural areas flooring contractors do a wide range of flooring activities. These include installing underlayment, carpets, tiles, laminate, vinyl floors and wooden floors.
How to select a flooring company
- The first thing is to find out what options are available to you. When you visit the company website, you’ll find a list of the types of flooring available. Therefore look for a company offering what you have in mind.
- Do they offer in-home floor consultation? In-home consultations offer you the chance to match each option to your walls and furniture. In this case a consultant comes to your house with samples of flooring for you to choose from. They measure your rooms and give you estimates of the prices based on your selection.
- Consider their turnaround time. This is the time taken from when you place your order to completion of the job. Some companies start working within 24 hours. Others may take a bit longer.
- Check whether they offer warranties on their flooring. This is a guarantee that they perform quality work.
- Good flooring companies have excellent reviews from consumers. Though your needs may be different, chances are that you’ll find a comment you’ll relate to. Read through the reviews and see what other homeowners have to say about the company.
- Finally find a company that offers what you want within your budget. Some companies have financing options for you to explore while others offer discounts.